Garibaldi Refuge on the Adamello
Introduction
The old Garibaldi hut, located in the Venerocolo basin at an altitude of 2548m, was built in 1894, with great effort by the Section. It was also built out of the patriotic spirit of the Italian mountaineers so as not to be outdone by the Austrian mountaineers, who had built the Mandrone hut. The name Garibaldi was chosen to commemorate the clash that took place in Vezza d' Oglio on 4 July 1866 between the Austrians and Garibaldini, which ended unluckily for the latter. During the First World War, the refuge was transformed into the Carcano infirmary, which was part of a large military complex built in the area. The old hut remained active until 1958, when it was submerged by the waters of the lake created by the construction of the new dam. In 1959, the current refuge built by ENEL to replace the more "historic" old one was inaugurated.
Information
Sheet of the refuge
Altitude: 2550m
Alternative name:
Location: Lake Venerocolo
Ownership: CAI section of Brescia
Manager: Odoardo Ravizza
Seating places: 110
Seating places Winter:
Lighting:
Wifi:
Device charging:
Water:
Shelter Book:
Contacts
Opening Period:
Telephone:
Cellphone:
Web:
email: odoardo.ravizza@libero.it
Description